Today is Obama’s 55th birthday and to celebrate the liberal website The Huffington Post listed 55 of his accomplishments as POTUS. Considering how terrible and lazy he is, it’s hard to believe he’s done 55 things, good or bad, in his entire life, but you aren’t thinking like a liberal. On the left, an accomplishment can be something as unintended as simply being black. In fact, much of what the HuffPo considers to be Obama’s greatest feats are directly related to the color of his skin.
With a title like 55 Reasons Obama Will Go Down As One Of Our Best Presidents, you just know this is going to be hilarious.
The list does include some non-race based items, but they are complete bullshit like giving Obama credit for legalizing gay marriage (something he didn’t do) and growing our economy (something that hasn’t happened during his presidency). However, most of these things are connected to Obama’s blackness:
1. He accomplished what many people thought impossible when he became America’s first black president.
You see, the accomplishment isn’t that he was elected president, it’s that he is black. And there’s more of this nonsense:
9. He launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young men and boys of color achieve their full potential.
10. He nominated Loretta Lynch for Attorney General (the first black woman to hold the position). She later led key national investigations in cities like Ferguson and Baltimore.
11. He sang “Amazing Grace” at Rev. Clementa Pinckney’s funeral
13. He let a little black boy feel his hair after the boy asked, “I want to know if my hair is just like yours.” He understands that representation matters.
Are you under-whelmed yet? Well, check this out:
20. He has the best clapback game
In case you are wondering what that last one is, it means he’s good at shit-talking, something valued in the morally bankrupt black community.
21. He’s “swagalicious.”
I’m sorry, I can’t explain that one. I assume it’s a “black thing.”
28. He issued an executive order establishing the White House Office Of Urban Affairs, designed to promote new policies to strengthen cities across the country.
Yeah, inner-city blacks are doing great under Obama.
32. His administration is the most diverse in history.
34. He proclaimed June as African-American Music Appreciation Month!
39. Beyonce sang at his second inauguration. Beyonce!
40. He had the Justice Department investigate Ferguson Police twice for their history of racist behavior.
41. He is unapologetically black.
Do some people apologize for being black?
49. He sang Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” at a fundraising event and slayed
And the best of the bunch:
53. He said: “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon Martin… Trayvon Martin could have been me.”
Of the 55 “accomplishments” I counted 30 that are directly related to his race. Of all the things Obama has ever done, being black is the one thing he didn’t do on purpose. That one is on his mom and his deadbeat dad. Why does the HuffPo think that Obama being black is a great achievement?
Actually, a better question is, why isn’t this list racist as hell? You certainly couldn’t make a list of George Bush’s “white” accomplishments without being accused of racism. No one would ever consider listing Ronald Reagan’s “unapologetic whiteness” as one of his biggest achievements for fear of the backlash.
I guess we just have different rules for different races in this country. If only we had a president who could help bridge the racial divide so all people could be equal.