The California Supreme Court has intervened to quash a ballot initiative that would have given voters a decision on whether to split the bastion of the Resistance into three separate states.
As of June, the “Cal-3 Initiative” had gained enough petition signatures to qualify for inclusion on the ballot but it was vehemently opposed by the far-left status quo that runs Sacramento as if it were the old Soviet Politburo.
Measure to split #California into three states qualifies for November ballot.
— San Francisco Chronicle (@sfchronicle) June 13, 2018
The Cal 3 initiative proposed the separation as:
Northern California: 40 counties from Santa Cruz to the Oregon border, including the Bay Area, the Sacramento region and parts of the San Joaquin Valley.
Southern California: Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and Tulare counties.
California: Los Angeles, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
Such a division would give the anti-American celebs in the greater Los Angeles area their own state to do with as they pleased.
But an environmentalist group that appears to have had some judges in its pocket intervened to strangle the effort and along with it, any hope that marginalized conservatives would have to become more than second-class citizens in their own state.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) July 19, 2018
According to Reuters, “California high court orders proposal to split up state removed from November ballot”:
The California Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered the November ballot purged of an initiative that seeks to split California into three states, citing significant questions raised about the proposal’s validity.
State election officials certified last month that supporters of the so-called Cal3 measure, also known as Proposition 9, had collected enough signatures to qualify it for the ballot in the country’s most populous state.
An environmental group, the Planning and Conservation League, challenged the measure in court, arguing it posed a “revision” of the state constitution – as opposed to an amendment – that is too sweeping to be legally subjected to the direct consent of the voters.
Siding with opponents for the time being, the court directed state election officials to keep the measure off the upcoming November ballot to allow the justices sufficient time to review and decide the merits of the case.
The effort is now dead as the billionaire backer who was pushing it has now given up the ghost.
Billionaire Tim Draper is dropping his bid to split California into three.
The decision comes after the California Supreme Court on Wednesday removed his proposition from the November ballot and said he had 30 days to respond to a group seeking to block it from future elections, too.
Asked if he would continue fighting for the measure, Draper said in an email to Bloomberg News that “the same six lawyers are going to make the decision. What would be the point? They have just proven that California has a runaway government and the people have no say.”
California continues to divest itself from the rest of America as it continues to transition into a Resistance-occupied territory that is hostile to anyone besides leftist zealots and anarchists.