Conservative radio show host Steve Deace, a former “Never Trump” Republican, believes that President Donald Trump’s balls have gone missing.
“No one has seen them,” he wrote Saturday for Conservative Review. “There are no solid leads. Every jar in the 202 and 212 area codes has been inspected, and they’re not there. There are rumors that Trump was really being wire-tapped in an attempt to find out where he lost them, but that cannot be confirmed or denied.”
As evidence of Trump’s alleged “imballpotence,” Deace pointed to the following five unconfirmed examples:
- “He’s not going to arrest ‘crooked Hillary’ and ‘locker her up’ after all.”
- “He’s not going to repeal Obama’s unconstitutional (see that as illegal) executive amnesty (DACA) after all.”
- “After saying throughout the campaign it was weak and dumb to show your plans and give a heads up to your enemies, his new (and watered down) immigration executive order gives jihadists a 10-day warning before being implemented.”
- “He’s siding with weak House GOP leadership in not repealing Obamacare as promised, and instead replacing it with something that could even be worse.”
- “His RNC leadership team looks like a Who’s Who of the establishment, including the name Henry Barbour. The man who orchestrated one of the worst betrayals ever of the grassroots — the literal stealing of the 2014 Mississippi senate primary.”
- “He still hasn’t lifted a finger to protect religious liberty. No repeal of the Johnson Amendment. No executive order. Not even a reference in his recent congressional speech to the Left’s attempt to destroy the lives of believers like Barronelle Stutzman.”
Shortly after the culmination of the 2016 presidential election last year, Trump did in fact make it clear that he had no intention of going after Hillary Clinton.
According to The Daily Caller, he has yet to touch either former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program or the H-1B visa program.
I cannot find any evidence to corroborate the third claim.
Based on recent news reports, the fourth claim may be accurate, assuming the fierce criticism of “Trumpcare” offered by leading conservative figures — Reps. Justin Amash, Dave Brat, Louie Gohmert, etc.; Sens. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Tom Cotton, etc. — holds water.
The fifth claim is too subjective to judge.
And as for the fifth claim, I want to note only that Trump has only been in office for 50 or so days. Perhaps he needs more time to deal with other issues first?
Deace’s core point — one that was clearly delivered in a satirical manner — was that Trump has demonstrated a certain degree of fecklessness since being elected into office. Though he has stood strong on some issues, such as his highly touted immigration ban, he seems to have wavered significantly on others.
Is it therefore that the president’s balls really have gone missing, or is it rather that Deace is merely being a little bitch?
Tell me what YOU think.